Party Schedule (loosely)
- -00:20 - setup - party host (that's you) arrives to setup anything you need like food and favors
- child supervision is not provided during setup time
- 00:00 - free play & welcome - guests begin arriving and releasing their children to engage in free play around the studio with each other, the staff, and of course the photobooth/props box
- children are asked to help clean up and put back all photobooth props and toys that have undoubtedly been strewn about during free play
- 00:15 - story time - staff leads story time with an age-appropriate book specifically chosen for the guest of honor
- party host may want to discuss an alternative activity if guests are "too old" for story time
- 00:25 - art project(s) - staff provides instruction through an age-appropriate art project that has been planned specifically for your guest of honor
- we want to simplify your life so we don't bother the party host with project planning decisions; we've never had a complaint about our projects but we can provide a preview upon request
- sometimes we plan one really big art project, and other times we may prepare one primary and another secondary project
- 01:10 - gifts presentation - guest of honor gets to sit in a special chair and staff facilitates opening gifts
- staff will make a list of each gift and the giver for party host's record
- staff will clean up the main table while children are distracted by gifts so that parents/party host can preset any food/drink for snack
- party host may wish to discuss an alternative activity if public gift opening is undesirable
- 01:25 - snack/cake - staff will send the children over to the main table as soon as gift opening is finished
- 01:45 - collaborative artwork & farewells - children are encouraged to participate in a collaborative artwork that guest of honor gets to take home and then another round of free play
- party host can make a speech (or not)
- 02:00 - cleanup - party host loads up their own belongings (any leftover food/decorations/favors, gifts, artwork) while staff begins to clean up the studio; party host is not expected to help clean up anything except what goes home with you!
- child supervision is not provided during cleanup time
- Conduct: Please respect our staff and space at all times. Especially during setup and cleanup when child supervision is not provided, please help us enforce a hands-off policy around art supplies, place settings, and photobooth props. These are big temptations for the guest of honor and any siblings/friends arriving early! Our staff will be working alongside you to prepare for and clean up after the party to make sure your guests have the best experience possible for the time you've reserved.
- Cleanup Participation: We love to create a space where mess-making is not just allowed but encouraged! Part of that experience is teaching children how to be good helpers and clean up after they make the mess. We believe this is a valuable life skill so you'll note in the schedule that friends are asked once or twice to participate in cleanup. We're pretty good at presenting it in a fun way but sometimes a friend may require a little nudge from parents to do their share.
- Spills: We have a broom, dust pan, and mop on hand for food and drink spills. If you see an accident, please feel free to grab these items and tackle that yourself while our staff continues to facilitate your party!
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol is NOT permitted on premises.
What We Provide
- The party venue - a safe space to make messy art
- All art supplies required to complete the project(s)
- The staff to facilitate most activities (the art projects, the gift opening, the photobooth and free play)
- Seating for 12 friends at a primary table (for art-making and snack)
- Seating for 4 friends at a secondary table (for art-making and snack)
- One sturdy coffee table and stools for up to 6 small friends
- One 8' x 3' folding table for party host's use (snacks/drinks/cake/etc.)
- Trash can and trash bag for general use
- One coed bathroom for guest use
What You Provide
- Any food/snacks/drinks/cake
- Condiments including any plates, utensils, cups, etc.
- The manpower to facilitate snack time
- Any party favors (aside from the artwork everyone gets to keep)
- Any party decor (the venue is a mess-ready art studio - we don't try to dress it up)
- Welcome duty as guests arrive and farewell duty as guests depart (the door remains unlocked during your party)
What project will we be doing?
We don't typically collaborate on the project with the party host in an effort to take decisions off your plate and let you focus on other party logistics. We design each project for the event theme or preference as given on the original booking form. We usually plan the project a week in advance and can provide a preview upon request, but there's nothing you need to do after your booking is confirmed - we have everything we need!
Billing: Quote & Deposit
- Your quoted price is valid for 7 days.
- Your reservation is not complete until we receive your deposit and confirm approval. We do not hold a date without a deposit.
- Your deposit will appear as a credit on the final invoice after your event.
- A rush fee will be added to the final invoice if the deposit isn't received at least 7 days ahead of your event.
Billing: Final Invoice
- Your final invoice will be based on actual headcount and party duration which may differ from your quote.
- The card you used to make the deposit will be auto-charged for the remaining balance, unless the final invoice is higher than your quote.
- If an invoice remains unpaid for 14 days, it will begin accruing a 3% late fee every 7 days.
- Invoices may be paid in advance of an event based on the quote, but this is discouraged.
- If paid in advance, you will not receive a final invoice unless your party had some overages (e.g. extra time, higher headcount, etc.).
Please let us know how we can improve this resource! Send any feedback or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.