A typical 1-hour art truck party usually follows the general format seen below. Note that this is not a strict itinerary, but in our experience this is a pretty consistent flow.
- Arrive and setup (3-5min)
- We greet the host and setup while they gather the artists
- Artist pledge #1 (3-5min)
- Something like "I am a responsible artist. I will not eat paint, drink paint water, sniff glue, snort glitter, etc... I will not leave the truck without telling someone."
- Art project on the truck (35-45min)
- Parents are encouraged to enjoy some adult social time during the project. Ms. Alyssa is a certified teacher and fully capable of supervising a classroom, so there's no need to hover during the art project.
- We don't force anyone to stay on the truck if they don't want to participate - an artist who says "I'm finished" is rarely convinced otherwise. We will escort them to an adult as needed.
- Artist pledge #2 (3-5min)
- Roughly "I will not paint my mom or dad's car; I will only paint the art truck."
- Paint the truck exterior (10min)
- This is usually kept as a surprise for the birthday artist but sometimes they already know and that's fine too.
- Adults are welcome to participate!
What will my party cost?
- When you book online, your party cost is calculated in real-time for you.
- You also receive an email confirming your quote.
- You can login and view your dashboard to see your quote.
When do you need an exact head count?
- You only need to inform us if your guest list grows by more than two, and preferably 2 days ahead of your party.
- We always bring a couple of extra supply packs in case an unexpected friend or sibling shows up.
- Your final invoice will be based on the actual number of artists and may not match the quote exactly.
What if my party runs long?
- We are usually able to stay an extra 15-30 minutes unexpectedly, but this is not guaranteed and it is best to communicate openly if you think your group will need extra time.
- The most common reasons a party might run long is (1) having more artists than expected or (2) having the art truck arrive at the same time as guests.
- The art truck capacity is 12 small children, 10 big kids, or 8 teens/adults. If your guest list exceeds a threshold we'll need to split into multiple groups. If it's teetering on a threshold, it would be best to go ahead and book extra time that allows for ~40min per group.
What project will we be doing?
We don't typically collaborate on the project with the party host in an effort to take decisions off your plate and let you focus on other party logistics. We design each project for the event theme or preference as given on the original booking form. We usually plan the project a week in advance and can provide a preview upon request, but there's nothing you need to do after your booking is confirmed - we have everything we need!
Most projects involve painting a canvas and adding some sort of flourish (flowers, glitter, etc.). If you have a preference for a specific medium or activity, please tell us in the comments when you submit your booking request! Some project types (like making slime) may cost extra.
Other Notes & Disclaimers
Billing: Quote & Deposit
- Your quoted price is valid for 7 days.
- Your reservation is not complete until we receive your deposit and confirm approval. We do not hold a date without a deposit.
- Your deposit will appear as a credit on the final invoice after your event.
- A rush fee will be added to the final invoice if the deposit isn't received at least 7 days ahead of your event.
Billing: Final Invoice
- Your final invoice will be based on actual headcount and party duration which may differ from your quote.
- The card you used to make the deposit will be auto-charged for the remaining balance, unless the final invoice is higher than your quote.
- If an invoice remains unpaid for 14 days, it will begin accruing a 3% late fee every 7 days.
- Invoices may be paid in advance of an event based on the quote, but this is discouraged.
- If paid in advance, you will not receive a final invoice unless your party had some overages (e.g. extra time, higher headcount, etc.).
Please let us know how we can improve this resource! Send any feedback or suggestions to email@example.com.